WAC 388-450-0030

Effective October 1, 2013

WAC 388-450-0030 What is earned income?

This section applies to cash assistance and food assistance.

  1. Earned income money you get from working. This includes: 

    1. Wages;

    2. Tips;

    3. Commissions;

    4. Profits from self-employment activities as described in WAC 388-450-0080; and

    5. One-time payments for work you did over a period of time.

  2. For cash assistance, we also consider you to have earned income if you work for something other than money, such as your rent.

  3. When we count your earned income, we count the amount you get before any taxes are taken out.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.