Children's Administration, Department of Social and Health Services
Children's Administration, Department of Social and Health Services Resolve Concerns Site Map Send Site Feedback

Transporting foster children

Sometimes when licensed foster parents don't have children placed in their home, they still want to help and support other foster parents who are currently caring for children. Transporting other caregiver's foster children to needed appointments, visits or other case specific activities, can be a tremendous support to a busy foster parent. However when you transport another foster parent's foster child, you are doing this as a volunteer, not as a caregiver.

Foster parents who volunteer in this way need to claim their mileage as a volunteer. There are two short forms you will need to complete and turn into your local office to ensure you receive your reimbursement through our travel reimbursement system known as TEMS.

  1. W9 form - this form is used to establish your taxpayer ID number in the payment system.
  2. SWV form - this is the vendor registration form that authorizes payments to be deposited directly into the account you specify.

The Establishing-Updating a TEMS Profile document, is completed by the CA office and authorizes you to be added to our TEMs system.

If you have questions about these forms, contact your local foster parent liaison, or your office volunteer coordinator.