Children's Administration, Department of Social and Health Services
Children's Administration, Department of Social and Health Services Resolve Concerns Site Map Send Site Feedback

Resolve Concerns

Anyone who is unhappy with a social worker's actions or decisions should first talk to the social worker. If one continues to be unhappy after talking with the social worker, contact the social worker's supervisor. If a conversation with the supervisor does not help, contact the Area Administrator.

There is also a formal DCFS complaint process that may be used. The formal complaint process requires that one initiate the complaint with the local unit supervisor before involving the Area Administrator. If contact with the Area Administrator does not resolve the issue, one may contact the Regional Administrator.

Anyone who needs help to resolve problems and to understand the formal complaint process may call the Children's Administration Office of Constituent Relations in Olympia at 1-800-723-4831.

Anyone may contact the Office of the Family and Children's Ombudsman (OFCO) when they have a complaint or are unable to resolve a complaint about the Children's Administration. The term "ombudsman" refers to a public official who serves as an independent voice for citizens who believe they have been treated unfairly by their government. The OFCO is an independent office within the Office of the Governor and can be reached at 1-800-571-7321.