Substance Abuse Prevention Publications
The links below contain educational resources for adults and youth.
Printed materials are available free of charge, to Washington residents, for titles listed in RED. The materials available in print are for the topics preventing underage marijuana use, preventing underage alcohol use, and DBHR's Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative.
Here are the steps to placing an order for printed materials:
1. Click here for the Dept. of Printing web site. If this is your first order, you will need to set up an account. Returning customers will only need to log in.
2. To see our entire list of publications, select Fulfillment By Agency, then Social and Health Services, then Behavioral Health and Service Integration.
3. To order a specific item, enter the ID# (found in the topics below) in the second Search window.
4. In the next screen, follow the steps given for placing an order.
5. Need help or have a question? E-mail DBHR Communications
- Letter to Prevention Partners
- A Parent's Guide to Preventing Underage Marijuana Use Product ID# 1565
- Marijuana: Know the Facts (8.5x3.5 Card) Product ID# 22-1558
- Ads for printing/online content Tips for using ads
- Ads for billboards
- Talking points
- Video for teens: Marijuana and Teens After I-502
- State agency roles in implementing I-502
- Washington Healthy Youth Survey fact sheets:www.askhys.net (go to Survey Results to create a fact sheet about your community).
This brochure gives an overview of the need for prevention services, state-funding for community-based prevention services, and which Washington communities are currently funded. Product ID# is 22-1464.
Bookmark ID# 22-1505: Think Alcohol Doesn't Harm a Teen's Brain English
Bookmark ID# 22-1180: Kids Who Drink Before 15 English
Bookmark ID# 22-1180SP: Kids Who Drink Before 15 Spanish
Brochure ID# 22-1506: My name is Tyler and in 9 years I'll be an alcoholic English
Brochure ID #22-1245: My name is Sara and in 9 years I'll be an alcoholic Spanish
Brochure: Mixing Alcohol with Energy Drinks (Liquor Control Board)
Poster ID# 1004: Alcohol has no place in a healthy childhood
Poster ID# 1005: They talk about everything - talk to them about alcohol
Poster ID# 1006: What is your teen doing after the game?
Poster ID# 24-334: My Name is Tyler - Start Talking Before They Start Drinking
Poster ID# 24-335 My name is Emily - Start Talking Before They Start Drinking, English,
Poster ID# 24-335SP My name is Emily - Spanish
Window Cling ID# 1008: Providing alcohol to minors can cost you $5,000
Window Cling ID# 1009: Providing alcohol to minors can cost you $5,000
Other education resources:
- Brochure: A Threat from the Family Medicine Cabinet
- Safe Use of Prescription Pain Medication
- Open Letter to Health Providers: Join us in helping parents prevent teen prescription drug abuse
- Open Letter to School Professionals: When it comes to teen RX drug abuse, parents need education as well
- Fact Sheet: RX Pain Reliever Abuse Among Teens