Go To Site Navigation


Personal Care Limitation Extension Process


This webpage is intended as a resource for individuals interested in information about the Limitation Extension process.  The Limitation Extension process allows you to request additional personal care hours to fully complete your Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs).  You must make the request in writing and provide additional information noted below.  If you have specific requests, contact the Limitation Extension (LE) Committee at LEcommittee@dshs.wa.gov.


You can request a Limitation Extension if:

The LE Committee may ask you for additional information and ask you to participate in an in-home review of your functional abilities by an occupational therapist or another qualified medical professional.

When the LE Committee makes their decision, you will receive a Planned Action Notice (PAN) explaining the decision.  If you disagree with the LE Committee’s decision, you will have administrative hearing rights.

If you would like to request a Limitation Extension, click here and a packet will be sent to you.  You will need to include the client’s name, address and your contact information.       



Resource Links

To contact the Limitation Extension Committee:  lecommittee@dshs.wa.gov