WAC 388-400-0030

Effective October 1, 2004

WAC 388-400-0030 Who is eligible for refugee cash assistance?

  1. To be eligible for refugee cash assistance (RCA), you must:

    1. Provide the name of the voluntary agency (VOLAG) which resettled you;

    2. Meet the immigration status requirements of WAC 388-466-0005;

    3. Meet employment and training requirements of WAC 388-466-0150;

    4. Meet income and resource requirements of WAC 388-466-0140; and

    5. Report changes of circumstances as required under WAC 388-418-0005.

  2. You are not eligible to receive RCA if you:

    1. Are eligible for temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income;

    2. Have been denied TANF or have been terminated from TANF due to intentional noncompliance with TANF eligibility requirements; or

    3. Are a full-time student in an institution of higher education.

  3. We determine your eligibility and benefit level for RCA using the TANF payment standards under WAC 388-478-0020.

  4. If you are eligible for RCA you may also be eligible for additional requirements for emergent needs under WAC 388-436-0002.

  5. If you meet the requirements of this section you are eligible for refugee cash assistance only during the eight-month period beginning in the first month you entered the United States (WAC 388-466-0120).

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.