WAC 182-515-1513

Effective January 1, 2013

WAC 182-515-1513 How does the department determine if I am financially eligible for DDA waiver service medical coverage if I am not eligible for Medicaid under a categorically needy program (CN) listed in WAC 182-515-1512 (1)?

Emergency WAC effective 1-1-2014

If you are not eligible for Medicaid under a categorically needy program (CN) listed in WAC 182-515-1512 (1) we must determine your eligibility using institutional Medicaid rules. This section explains how you may qualify under this program. You may be required to pay towards the cost of your care if you are eligible under this program. The rules explaining how much you have to pay are listed in WAC 182-515-1514.  To qualify, you must meet both the resource and income requirements. 

  1. Resource limits are described in WAC 182-513-1350 If you have resources which are higher than the standard allowed we may be able to reduce resources by your unpaid medical expenses described in WAC 182-513-1350.
  2. You are not subject to a transfer of asset penalty described in WAC 182-513-1363 through 182-513-1365.
  3. Not have a home with equity in excess of the requirements described in WAC 182-513-1350.
  4. Must disclose to the state any interest the applicant or spouse has in an annuity and meeting annuity requirements described in chapter 182-516 WAC
  5. Your gross non-excluded income must be at or below the special income level (SIL) which is three hundred percent of the federal benefit rate (FBR). The department follows the rules in WAC 182-513-1325182-513-1330 and 182-513-1340  to determine available income and income exclusions.
  6. Refer to WAC 182-513-1315 for rules used to determine countable resources, income and eligibility standards for long-term care services.
  7. Current income and resources standards are located at: http://www.hca.wa.gov/medicaid/Eligibility/Pages/index.aspx.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.