WAC 388-526-0555

Effective October 27, 2011

WAC 388-526-0555 What happens when a party requests a corrected administrative law judge decision? (Emergency rule effective 6/10/12.)

1.  When a party requests a corrected initial or final order, the administrative law judge (ALJ) must either:

a.  Send all parties a corrected order; or

b.  Deny the request within three business days of receiving it.


2.  If the ALJ corrects an initial order and a party does not request review, the corrected initial order becomes final twenty-one calendar days after the original initial order was mailed.


3.  If the ALJ denies a request for a corrected initial order and the party still wants the hearing decision changed, the party must request review by a review judge.


4.  Requesting an ALJ to correct the initial order does not automatically extend the deadline to request review of the initial order by a review judge. When a party needs more time to request review of an initial order, the party must ask for more time to request review as permitted by WAC 388-526-0580(2).


5.  If the ALJ denies a request for a corrected final order and you still want the hearing decision changed, you must request judicial review.


This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.