WAC 388-400-0055

Effective June 1, 2012

WAC 388-400-0055 Who is eligible for the Pregnant Women Assistance (PWA) program?

Effective November 1, 2011:

  1. You can get pregnant women assistance (PWA), if you:
    1. Are pregnant as verified by a medical professional;
    2. Meet the citizenship/alien status requirements of WAC 388-424-0010;
    3. Live in the state of Washington per WAC 388-468-0005;
    4. Do not live in a public institution unless specifically allowed under RCW 74.08.025;
    5. Meet TANF/SFA:
      1. Income requirements under chapter 388-450 WAC;
      2. Resource requirements under chapter 388-470 WAC; and
      3. Transfer of property requirements under chapter 388-488 WAC.
    6. Tell us your Social Security number as required under WAC 388-476-0005;
    7. Report changes of circumstances as required under WAC 388-418-0005; and
  2. If you are an unmarried pregnant minor your living arrangements must  meet the requirements of WAC 388-486-0005.
  3. You cannot get PWA if you:
    1. Are eligible for temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) benefits;
    2. Are eligible for state family assistance (SFA) benefits;
    3. Refuse or fail to meet a TANF or SFA eligibility rule;
    4. Refuse or fail to participate in drug or alcohol treatment as required in WAC 388-449-0220 without good cause; or
    5. Are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.