WAC 388-406-0045

Effective January 1, 2014

WAC 388-406-0045 Is there a good reason my application for cash assistance has not been processed?

If your application for cash assistance is not processed within the time limits under WAC 388-406-0035, the department must decide if there is a good reason for the delay.  This good reason is also called "good cause." 

1.    We do not have a good reason for not processing your application for TANF or SFA within thirty days if:

a.    We did not give or send you a notice of what information we needed to determine your eligibility within twenty days from the date of your application;

b.    We did not give or send you a notice that we needed additional information or action within five calendar days of the date we learned that more information was needed to determine eligibility;

c.    We did not process your application within five calendar days from getting the information needed to decide eligibility; and

d.    We decide good cause exists but do not document our decision in the case record on or before the time limit for processing the application ends.

2.    We do have a good reason for not processing your application timely if:

a.    You do not give us the information or take an action needed for us to determine eligibility;

b.    We have an emergency beyond our control; or

c.    There is no other available verification for us to determine eligibility and the eligibility decision depends on information that has been delayed such as:

                                            i.  Medical documentation;

                                           ii.  For cash assistance, extensive property appraisals; or

                                         iii.  Out-of-state documents or correspondence.

3.   For Aged, Blind, or Disabled (ABD) cash assistance, or a referral to the Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) program, good cause exists if you apply when you are confined in Washington State public institution as defined in WAC 388-406-0005 (6) (a).


This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.