WAC 388-420-0010

Effective November 17, 2014

WAC 388-420-0010 Alcohol and drug treatment centers.

  1. Food assistance is only available to a resident of a drug and alcohol treatment center when the treatment center is administered by a public or private nonprofit agency.  In addition, the residential treatment center must be:

    1. Licensed by the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DBHR) as a behavioral health agency (see chapter 388-877 WAC); and 

    2. Certified by DBHR to provide chemical dependency residential treatment services (see WAC 388-877B-0200).

  2. A resident is considered a one person assistance unit. However if the resident's spouse or child is also living in the treatment center, the spouse or child is included in the resident's assistance unit.

  3. The resident must have a designated employee of the treatment center act as an authorized representative as specified in chapter 388-460 WAC.

  4. The authorized representative receives and uses the food assistance benefits for meals the resident is served in the treatment center.

  5. The authorized representative also has responsibilities as specified in chapter 388-460 WAC.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.