WAC 388-436-0030

Effective October 1, 2013

WAC 388-436-0030 How does my eligibility for other possible cash benefits impact my eligibility for CEAP?

1.    You are ineligible for CEAP if you, or a household member, are eligible for any of the following programs:

a.    TANF or SFA, unless the family has had its cash grant terminated under WAC 388-310-1600;

b.    Pregnant women assistance (PWA);

c.    RCA;

d.    Aged, Blind, or Disabled (ABD) cash;

e.    Supplemental security income (SSI);

f.    Food assistance for those applicants requesting help for a food need;

g.    Housing assistance from any available source for those applicants requesting help for a housing need;

h.      Unemployment compensation, veteran's benefits, industrial insurance benefits, social security benefits, pension benefits, or any other source of financial benefits the applicant is potentially eligible to receive.

2.    The department may require the applicant, or anyone in the assistance unit, to apply for and take any required action to receive benefits from programs described in the above subsection (1)(a) through (h).

3.    The department may not authorize CEAP benefits to any household containing a member who is:

a.    Receiving cash benefits from any of the following programs:

                                               i.        TANF/SFA;

                                              ii.        PWA;

                                             iii.        RCA;

                                             iv.        DCA; or

                                              v.        ABD cash.

b.    Receiving reduced cash benefits for failure to comply with program requirements of TANF/SFA, or RCA.

4.    The department may authorize CEAP to families reapplying for TANF/SFA who are not eligible for TANF cash benefits under WAC 388-310-1600 until they complete the four week participation requirement.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.