WAC 388-444-0010

Effective October 1, 2010

WAC 388-444-0010 Who is exempt from work registration while receiving Basic Food?

If you receive Basic Food, you are exempt from work requirements in Chapter 388-444 WAC if you meet any of the following conditions:


1)    You are age sixteen or seventeen, not the head-of-household, and:


a.     Attend school such as high school or GED programs; or


b.    Are enrolled at least half time (using the institutions definition) in an employment and training program under:


                                          i.    The Workforce Investment Act (WIA);


                                        ii.    Section 236 of the Trade Act of 1974; or


                                       iii.     Another state or local employment and training program.


2)    You are a student age eighteen or older enrolled at least half time as defined by the institution in:


a.     Any accredited school;


b.     A training program; or


c.    An institution of higher education. If you are enrolled in higher education, you must meet the requirements under WAC 388-482-0005 to be eligible for Basic Food benefits.


3)    You are an employed or self-employed person working thirty hours or more per week, or receiving weekly earnings equal to the federal minimum wage multiplied by thirty.


4)    You are complying with the work requirements of an employment and training program under temporary assistance for needy families (TANF);


5)     You receive unemployment compensation (UC) benefits or have an application pending for UC benefits;


6)    You are responsible to care for:


a.    A dependent child under age six; or


b.    Someone who is incapacitated.


7)    We determine that you are physically or mentally unable to work; or


8)    You regularly participate in a drug addiction or alcoholic treatment and rehabilitation program.


This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.