WAC 388-460-0010

Effective December 1, 2003

WAC 388-460-0010 Do I have an authorized representative for Basic Food if I live in a treatment center or group home?

  1. If you live in a qualified DDD group home under WAC 388-408-0040, you may choose to apply for Basic Food benefits:

    1. On your own behalf;

    2. Through an authorized representative of your choice; or 

    3. Through the DDD group home acting as your authorized representative.

  2. If you live in qualified drug and alcohol treatment facility under WAC 388-408-0040, you must have an employee of the facility as your authorized representative for Basic Food.

  3. The person acting as authorized representative for residents in a qualified drug and alcohol treatment facility or qualified DDD group home must:

    1. Be aware of the resident's circumstances;

    2. Notify the department of any changes in income, resources or circumstances within 10 days of the change;

    3. Use the resident's Basic Food benefits for meals served to the resident; and

    4. Keep enough benefits in the facility’s account to transfer one-half of a client's monthly allotment to the client's own account.  If the client leaves the facility on or before the fifteenth of the month, the facility must return one half of the client’s Basic Food allotment for that month.

  4. When a facility assigns an employee as the authorized representative for residents, the facility accepts responsibility for:

    1. Any misrepresentation or intentional program violation; and

    2. Liability for Basic Food benefits held at the facility on behalf of the resident.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.