WAC 388-474-0010

Effective November 1, 2011

WAC 388-474-0010 How does being a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) client affect your cash assistance eligibility?

1.    If you are married to an SSI recipient but do not get SSI in your own right, you are called an "ineligible spouse."

2.    If you are an ineligible spouse you cannot get the SSI state supplement when you are:

a.    The caretaker relative of a child who receives TANF or SFA; and   

b.    Required to be included in the TANF or SFA assistance unit with the child (see WAC 388-408-0015); or

c.    Receiving refugee assistance.

3.    If you are an ineligible spouse and get an SSI state supplement (WAC 388-474-0012), you cannot get Aged, Blind, or Disabled (ABD) cash assistance.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.