DSHS Strategic Plan - 2011-2013
Safe, healthy individuals, families, and communities
The Department of Social and Health Services will improve the safety and health of individuals, families and communities by providing leadership and establishing and participating in partnerships.
DSHS Strategic Goals, Objectives and Key Initiatives
By click on an Administration name below will take you to the section of their Business Plan that aligns with the DSHS Goal and Objective.
Improve the health status of vulnerable populations
- Increase access to health and behavioral healthcare services to improve the health status of DSHS clients.
- Increase the use of prevention services and activities to foster well-being among DSHS clients and employees.
- Increase the use and coordination of person-centered, chronic care management services to improve health outcomes for DSHS clients.
- Increase the quality and quantity of long-term care services to address the coming, unprecedented, demographically-driven increasing level of need.
Key DSHS Initiatives
- Restructure health care purchasing for high needs/high cost clients with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, persistent mental illness and/or substance abuse issues.
- Integrate case management for high needs/high cost populations served by the Department by strengthening the Department’s ability to deliver and manage comprehensive supports based on an individual’s particular strengths and needs.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of the Disability Lifeline Act (HB 2782) which requires the Department to redesign the General Assistance cash and related medical programs.
- Increase investment in integrated community-based supports for people with developmental disabilities by repurposing large state institutions serving individuals with developmental disabilities.