FamHelp Facility Status and Information


Family Help

FamHelp: Tools for Families of Residents in Long-Term Care

When and how may I visit my loved one in a long-term care facility?

Visitation at long-term care facilities is subject to the requirements of the Long-Term Care COVID Response plan (formerly known as the Safe Start for Long-Term Care plan).

Can residents leave long-term care facilities?

All residents have the right to leave the facility to participate in community activities, but may be subject to quarantine requirements in certain circumstances, or if they have a potential exposure while in the community.  It is best to contact the facility for further information about quarantine requirements.

How can I get vaccinated against COVID-19?

Refer to the Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine page for general information about the vaccine.

Long-Term Care Settings

Workers and residents in long-term care settings are included in Phase 1A of the state plan, meaning that they will be among the first to receive the vaccine. All staff and residents of long-term care are eligible to receive the vaccine.

Many facilities are working with local pharmacies to arrange onsite vaccinations. Phase 1A groups are also eligible to receive vaccines at mass vaccination sites or through other local providers.

In-Home Settings

Clients that receive care in their homes and the providers that serve them are priorities in the state vaccination plan. Care providers "work in a health care setting" and are therefore eligible in Phase 1A. Clients 65 or older, or those 50+ in multi-generational households, are eligible under Phase 1B Tier 1. Other groups are not yet be eligible.

Informational Resources

How likely am I to contract COVID-19?

Take the CV-19 CheckUp quiz to estimate your risk of catching COVID-19 and your risk of severe illness. The tool also suggests helpful lifestyle adjustments to reduce your risk.

How do I access FEMA Funeral Assistance?

Please review this bulletin to learn about FEMA Funeral Assistance eligibility, application and more. 

How do I get a flu shot?

Uninsured adults may refer to this list of no-cost flu vaccine locations. Insured adults should inquire with their preferred pharmacy, primary care physician, or employer.

Refer to the Department of Health's flu page for more information. Influenza is highly contagious and may cause severe illness - a flu shot is your best defense.

Which long-term care facilities have COVID-19 cases?

Refer to our COVID-19 Dashboard for current reporting on facilities with recent reported virus activity.

What are good sources of information about COVID-19?

We observe guidance issued by the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) and the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Washington State Coronavirus Website is another important reference. Translations are available at the top of each of these pages.

For those with hearing loss, the Hearing Loss Association of America website has important information about communicating in health care settings.

Who can I call with questions about COVID-19?

For general questions about COVID-19, dial 1-800-525-0127 to reach the Department of Health COVID-19 hotline.

May I visit ALTSA offices?

ALTSA offices are currently closed to the public. Our services remain active and our staff remain accessible by telephone.