DSHS required training for adult family homes, assisted living facilities, home care agencies and individual providers
- 75 hour training and Home Care Aide certification information
- Home Care Aide Certification Checklist and Quick Link page outlines the steps to complete the 75 hour training and become HCA certified
- Department of Health website application process for home care aide certification.
- Prometric website application process to take the home care aide certification test.
- Becoming a Paid Caregiver
Training Requirements, Information, and Application Forms
- Adult Family Homes/Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Care Agencies
- Community Instructors only approved Community Instructors may offer Nurse Delegation training for long-term care workers
Continuing Education Information
Important Announcement: Continuing Education Curriculum You Developed
- No more than 24 class hours may be submitted per CE approval form (forms with more than 24 class hours will be returned).
- Only one CE Application will be accepted at a time (additional CE forms will be returned).
- AFH, ALF or Community Instructor
- Continuing Education Curriculum Developer or Conference
- Caregivers: Find a Continuing Education class