Other Mental Health Services for Children

Mental health services for children and youth are available through community mental health agencies and licensed therapists. For information about Medicaid-funded health insurance, also known as Apple Health, visit: Washington Health Care Authority.

All children and youth with Medicaid can receive a mental health assessment through a community mental health agency, and can receive other needed services.  Services are generally provided at the mental health agency, in your home, or at other locations in your community.  To find a service location:

  • Call the  Behavioral Health Organization - BHO that serves the county you live in.
  • If you live in Clark or Skamania county, you will not have a BHO to administer behavioral health services.  Contact your Apple Health plan directly to request treatment. For more information, call Apple Health Customer Service at 1-800-562-3022.

There is no cost for services provided to Medicaid families, and reduced fees for low income families enrolled in a Washington health plan. Other health plans offer different premiums and fees for services.  Some services at community agencies are provided on sliding-fee scales, or may offer reduced costs with private support or help from organizations like United Way.

Private health insurance plans usually have lists of their counseling providers available by phone or through their internet site. Online and printed telephone directories have lists of counselors and mental health agencies in the counseling section or community services pages.

Resources for more information: