How do I apply to be a client of DDA?

County of Residence


Adams, Asotin, Benton, Chelan, Columbia, Douglas, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima

(800) 462-0624

Island, King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom

(800) 788-2053

Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Kitsap, Lewis,     Mason, Pacific, Pierce, Skamania, Thurston, Wahkiakum

(800) 248-0949







Why should I apply for DDA?

Will my DDA eligibility expire or need review?

Yes, it might. We will send you reminder notices if your eligibility is about to expire or be reviewed.  If you have questions please contact us.

What is a developmental disability in Washington State?

RCW 71A.10.020(5) defines a developmental disability as Intellectual Disability, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Autism or another neurological or other condition similar to Intellectual Disability.

The disability must:

  • Have originated before you turned eighteen,

  • Continued or can be expected to continue indefinitely, and

  • Results in substantial limitations

Where can I find the rules for eligibility?

The criteria for determining eligibility is in Chapter 388-823 WAC.

Can I reapply if I am not eligible?

Yes. You can reapply if:

  • Your eligibility will expire at your next birthday;

  • You were eligible before but your eligibility expired;

  • Your eligibility was terminated because you were no longer a Washington State resident; or

  • You were previously found ineligible, but have new information.

How do I request services with DDA?

  • If you are not already a DDA client, complete and turn in the required forms and documents.

  • If you are a DDA client and do not have a Case Resource Manager, fill out a Service Referral and Information Request or call us.

  • You might not need to be a DDA client to receive the service you need.

    • For children - DDA offers personal care through Community First Choice for children whether or not they are DDA clients. Even if you do not have a developmental disability, you might be eligible for personal care.

    • For adults - Adults that need personal care but are not DDA clients can receive this service through Aging and Long-Term Support Administration.