BFET Eligibility

You may qualify for BFET if you receive Basic Food Assistance. Some of the services you can receive through BFET include Vocational Education (College), Basic Education (such as High School Completion) and Job Search.

  • Recipients who are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or State Food Assistance (FAP) are not eligible for BFET services.
  • Your participation in this program is currently voluntary in the State of Washington.
  • As a student of higher education (college), you may be required to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for Basic Food Assistance. BFET may help you meet that criteria.
  • You can visit this link to learn more
  • Visit Washington Connection to find more services available to you and your family such as Basic Food.

Have questions? - Contact us at DSHS