What it is:
Pregnant Women Assistance (PWA) is a state-funded program that provides cash assistance to low-income pregnant women who are not eligible for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or State Family Assistance (SFA) program for a reason other than not cooperating with TANF program rules.
The Pregnant Women Assistance program provides a maximum monthly cash grant of $197.00.
Who is eligible:
- Are pregnant
- Meet income and resource requirements
- Meet citizenship / alien status requirements
- Reside in Washington State
You cannot get Pregnant Women Assistance if:
- You are eligible for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) benefits or State Family Assistance (SFA) benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Refuse or fail to meet a TANF or SFA eligibility rule
- Refuse or fail to participate in drug or alcohol treatment if assessed as dependent
The Application for Benefits is available in several languages.