This two-tier alert generates when there is a discrepancy between ACES data and Social Security data that requires worker action. The system updates the BENDEX communication code which is used to assist users in interpreting information received from the Social Security Administration and displays on the second tier of the alert.
Examples of communication codes are:
· B-I TERM beneficiary was deleted from State's buy-in account and BENDEX exchange is no longer appropriate.
· DELETED - A direct input record was processed with DPA or DTH communication codes.
· NODELXXX,XXX = state code from MBR. You requested deletion of a beneficiary for which another state has jurisdiction.
· DIEDMMYY: The number holder on this account is deceased.
· DOB UNM: There are at least two beneficiaries with the same surname and the DOB match could not be made.
· GIV UNM: A beneficiary on this claim matches the surname, however, the first name and DOB do not match or the recipient may be on our MBR under a different surname.
· SUR UNM: The recipient's surname is different from the beneficiaries on this claim, but the first name and DOB match; or the input SSN was not correct.
· NO AUTH: Category of assistance code on the BENDATA record was invalid or blank.
· NO DEX: Your record was dropped because another state with a lower agency code was input simultaneously.
· BOAN UNM: this SSN was submitted by direct wire input and a match could not be made.
· NO FILE: CAN/SSN is not on MBR.
· See <F1> - Help to view the entire list of communication codes available.
The second tier also displays current ACES data (client name, CLID, and other corresponding information) and the discrepant / changed data on the incoming file.
Only one alert generates per CLID.
1. Enter a [Y] in the S field and press <F13> to view the second tier.
2. Review the second line of the alert for information on the mismatch. Take the action indicated in the alert.
3. Investigate the discrepancy, record results in ACES on the client screens, then disposition the alert.
Enter [Y] in the D field and <TRANSMIT>.