This alert generates to the supervisor of CSO 127 – Citizenship Unit when the SSA cross match returned verification code is:
· B – SSN is verified, there is no indication of death, and the allegation of citizenship is not consistent with SSA data.
· D – SSN is verification, there is indication of death, and the allegation of citizenship is not consistent with SSA data.
This alert generates daily when the following conditions are met:
· Client status is A – Active or P – Pending. If the client is in pending status, the second line of the alert displays “PENDING CLIENT”;
· Client Citizenship code is C – US Citizen, N – US National or R – US Born Child of Refugee;
· Client Citizenship verification code is NOT T2, T3, T4, EW or FV with an identity valid value V or E; and
· Client Financial Responsibility code is:
o RE – Recipient
o RM – CA Ineligible Person Receiving MA Only
o RN – CA Sanctioned Receiving MA Only/FAP Recipient
o RC – Recipient of Cash Only
o PN – Pending or blank
· The client does NOT have a TPL carrier code MEDA or MEDB.
· Med Coverage Group code is NOT:
o M99 (Psychiatric Indigent Inpatient Spenddown)
o D01 (FC/AS/JRA/SSI CN), D02 (FC/AS/JR Medical), D26 (Washington Apple Health Post-Foster Care Coverage)
o S01 (SSI Categorically Needy)
o S03 (Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Medicare Savings Programs)
o S04 (Qualified Disabled Working Individual)
o S05 (Specified Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB), Medicare Savings Programs)
o S06 (Qualified Individual (QI-1)
o W01 (ADATSA Cash Medical)
o W02 (ADATSA Medical Only)
o W03 (Detox Medical Care Services)
o L01 (SSI Long Term Care)
o L21 (SSI CN Waiver or Hospice)
o F05 (Newborns) and
o G01 (Med Care Svc Unemployed/GA Unemployed/GA Regular/GA-A/B/D) with Program Type code U (GA Unemployed).
1. Review the case and request verification of citizenship and identity, if needed.
o For more information, see Citizenship and Identity Verification for Medicaid.
Enter [Y] in the D field and <TRANSMIT>.