Are there any other options available if one or both parents do not want to sign the acknowledgment?

Yes. Either parent may open a case with the Division of Child Support (DCS). In most cases, DCS will refer the case to a prosecuting attorney for paternity establishment through the court. That process usually includes genetic testing.