What happens if the person I am afraid of has custody of my children?

Even though you are a victim of domestic violence, the DCS may enforce a child support obligation against you if there is an order for support or if the other parent asks DCS to establish an administrative support order.

Be sure to read the section above about release of address information. If you are the noncustodial parent and you believe it would be harmful or dangerous if the other parent got your address, be sure to ask for notice before DCS releases your address.

  • If you provide sufficient documentation, DCS may be able to deny any request for your address without going through the notice and hearing process.
  • Even if you have given this information to another part of DSHS, be sure to provide this information to DCS as soon as possible!