What should I say if parents have questions about child support that I cannot answer?

Do not attempt to provide legal advice. Encourage the parents to read the material and view the video. If parents still have questions, refer them to the child support office serving their area. The 1-800 number for a child support office near them is provided in the Establish Parentage for Your Child's Sake booklet. The booklet also provides information on attorney referral services through the Washington State Bar Association.