Tort Claims

Filing a Tort Claim

Individuals who have been harmed or who have suffered a loss as a result of negligent actions by a state employee or agency can submit a tort claim to the Office of Risk Management - ORM.  ORM is required by law (RCW Chapter 4.92) to receive these claims.