Information for Youth

How to Request A Copy of Your Juvenile Records from Juvenile Rehabilitation

For public records requests from DSHS, first visit the DSHS Public Records website. Follow the procedures on that page for making a records request.

For further assistance with records kept by Juvenile Rehabilitation, contact our Records Manager:

Public Records Manager
Department of Social and Health Services
Rehabilitation Administration
PO Box 45720
Olympia, WA 98504-5720
Fax: 360-902-8108

Legal Assistance for Clients of Juvenile Rehabilitation


Program: Legal Services for Youth

TeamChild can youth with issues like these:

  • Not being in school (suspension, expulsion, truancy, dropped out, not allowed to enroll)
  • School isn’t working (need more support for learning, feel unsafe or bullied, feel discriminated against, other parts of life make it hard to focus and be successful)
  • Feeling unsafe at home or don’t have a home (homeless, conflict with family, couch surfing, living on the street, in a bad relationship, running from foster care)
  • Trouble getting health care or counseling (have unmet or unidentified health care needs, services or care denied or reduced)
  • Being locked up in detention (probation violations, warrants, police or school resource officer attention, truancy or running away, parents won’t help)
  • Landing a job or housing because of a juvenile record, court fines and fees, or a registration requirement

TeamChild can also provide help for people seeking assistance to have juvenile records sealed, or to make changes to sex offender registration requirements.

How To Get Help:

Anyone can make a request for TeamChild services. We accept referrals by:

Click to visit the Team Child website.

Resources for Youth who have Sexually Offended

The following fact sheets are provided by the Washington State Sex Offender Policy Board:

  • Failure to Register for Adult and Juvenile Sex and Kidnapping Offenses English | Spanish
  • Obtaining Relief from Sex or Kidnapping Offender Registration English | Spanish
  • Sealing of the Record of Conviction - Juveniles Adjudicated of Sex or Kidnapping Offenses English | Spanish
  • Traveling Requirements for Adult and Juvenile Registered Sex or Kidnapping Offenders English | Spanish