The Department of Social and Health Services uses SSPS to pay for a variety of services that facilitate employment, increase independence, and protect children, the fragile elderly, and disabled children and adults.
SSPS is used to provide authorization and payment processing for services delivered to DSHS clients. This mission-critical system is used by more than 4,800 case workers in administrations across DSHS including: Economic Services Administration, Aging and Disability Services Administration, Children's Administration, and Medical Assistance Administration.
SSPS combines the best of Microsoft's newer technology and the power of mainframe processing. This combination of technologies provides the State of Washington with the ability to pay over 79,000 social service providers more than $1.8 billion annually in services to more than 299,000 clients.
**** TAX SEASON INFORMATION ****
Tax documents (W-2 and 1099 statements) will be mailed from the Office of Accounting Services by January 31st, 2016. To avoid mailing delays, please be sure to have your case worker or local DSHS office update your address if you have moved recently.
W-2 and 1099 statements are not available online or electronically at this time. For more information about taxes and contact information for the Tax Desk, please select the menu option on the left for Tax Info.
Are you a provider represented by SEIU Healthcare 775NW or a non-member who is a contracted individual provider that receives a W-2 tax form from DSHS? Your new online billing system is coming early 2016! For more information visit the IPOne webpage..
IMPORTANT! A change in your payment begins early 2016. If you currently have direct deposit with SSPS and do not sign up with IPOne direct deposit, your payment will default to a debit card. For more information about direct deposit and to learn about the changes, contact the IPOne call center at 1-800-360-5899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also click here to visit the IPOne training page at www.ipone.org.
ALERT! You must claim all your hours worked on your SSPS invoices. Don’t wait to claim. Failure to make claims on your SSPS invoices will delay payment of those hours.
|* This message is not intended for Children's Administration providers or childcare providers|
Are you a Medicaid provider who receives a 1099 tax form from the state of Washington? The ProviderOne online billing system is Live! For more information visit the ProviderOne webpage.
|* This message is not intended for Children's Administration providers, childcare providers, or individual providers represented by SEIU Healthcare 775NW.|
Features of interest to SSPS providers
- Direct Deposit saves you trips to the bank by depositing your payment directly into your checking or savings account.
- Invoice Express, available in English or Spanish, speeds payment. Providers may validate their entire invoice or just selected pages. Callers may also check on the status of a payment.
- SSPS Calendar lists the upcoming invoice dates, and adoption support payment processing dates.
- Tax Info is tax reporting information to consider when providing services.
- IP Call Diagram Quick Reference provides DSHS field staff and IP providers with the phone numbers to the correct office when questions related to their union benefits arise. It also includes a segment on questions and answers to help educate them on these benefits.
- Questions gives answers to commonly asked questions about SSPS.
- SEIU 775 is the representative unit for Individual Personal providers serving DSHS clients (a non-DSHS web site).