The Department of Social and Health Services uses SSPS to pay for a variety of services that facilitate employment, increase independence, and protect children, the fragile elderly, and disabled children and adults.
SSPS is used to provide authorization and payment processing for services delivered to DSHS clients. This mission-critical system is used by more than 4,800 case workers in administrations across DSHS including: Economic Services Administration, Aging and Disability Services Administration, Children's Administration, and Medical Assistance Administration.
SSPS combines the best of Microsoft's newer technology and the power of mainframe processing. This combination of technologies provides the State of Washington with the ability to pay over 79,000 social service providers more than $1.8 billion annually in services to more than 299,000 clients.
It's safe, easy, and saves you time!
With Direct Deposit, your SSPS payment is made directly into your Bank Account!
SSPS receives hundreds of returned payments each month from the Post Office. If lost, it takes at least 30 days to have a new check issued to you. Direct Deposit gives you peace of mind knowing your payments are safe in your bank account.
Direct Deposit has many benefits:
- It's safe - Direct Deposit keeps your payments from being lost or stolen in the mail.
- It's free - There is no cost for you to sign up for direct deposit.
- It's easy - Enrolling with Direct Deposit is easy to do.
- It saves you time - No more trips to the bank to deposit your check.
- Go Green! Direct deposit saves paper and is environmentally friendly.
You still receive a remittance advice in the mail with details about your payment when you sign up for Direct Deposit. You will need to fill out some required forms and send them in. Follow the menu on the left for Direct Deposit.
|Are you a Medicaid provider who receives a 1099 tax form from the state of Washington? *How you get paid for Medicaid services will change. Start getting ready now!|
|* This message is not intended for Children's Administration providers, childcare providers, or individual providers represented by SEIU Healthcare 775NW.|
Features of interest to SSPS providers
- Direct Deposit saves you trips to the bank by depositing your payment directly into your checking or savings account.
- Invoice Express, available in English or Spanish, speeds payment. Providers may validate their entire invoice or just selected pages. Callers may also check on the status of a payment.
- SSPS Calendar lists the upcoming invoice dates, adoptive support, and SSP payment dates.
- Tax Info is tax reporting information to consider when providing services.
- IP Call Diagram Quick Reference provides DSHS field staff and IP providers with the phone numbers to the correct office when questions related to their union benefits arise. It also includes a segment on questions and answers to help educate them on these benefits.
- Questions gives answers to commonly asked questions about SSPS.
- SEIU 775 is the representative unit for Individual Personal providers serving DSHS clients (a non-DSHS web site).