Are there other resources I can contact for assistance outside of my local or regional office on behalf of the child in my care?

You are encouraged, but not required, to first contact the assigned case worker, their supervisor, the AA and DRA to resolve the issue. If you are not satisfied with the resolution you may then contact CA Office of Constituent Relations in Olympia. Constituent Relations will listen to your complaint or concerns and can act as a liaison with the region, working to resolve your complaint or concern. They can be reached at: 

Office of the Family and Children's Ombuds (OFCO)

Anyone may contact the OFCO when they have a complaint or are unable to resolve a complaint. The OFCO investigates complaints about agency actions or inaction that involve:

  • Any child at risk of abuse, neglect, or other harm.
  • A child or parent involved with child protection or child welfare services.

The OFCO will listen to your concerns and may become involved in cases which they determine an agency's action or inaction is unauthorized or unreasonable. In addition to addressing complaints, they work to identify system-wide issues and recommend appropriate changes in public reports to the Governor, the Legislature and agency officials.

The OFCO is an independent office within the Office of the Governor and can be reached at: