Can we claim our foster child as a dependent?

You may claim your foster or relative child if the child has been placed in your care for more than six (6) months of the tax year. There are special circumstances for an infant born later in the year and placed in foster care. Contact your tax consultant or the DSHS Tax Desk for more information.

(866) 563-8155 Toll free
(360) 664-5830 Local-Olympia