The employee and dependents are eligible for coverage. However, our coverage is limited to a specific service area and the child lives out-of-state or the child lives in a different part of the state outside of the plan's service area. What should we do?

The employee is required to provide insurance coverage that is accessible to the child. Under the Revised Code of Washington and the Washington Administrative Code, "Accessible coverage" means health insurance coverage which provides primary care services to the children with reasonable effort by the custodian.

Do not enroll the child if the coverage is not accessible to the child. Notify DCS that the child cannot be enrolled and tell DCS why.