How can I find more information about the legal meaning of a violation or term reported by the Washington State Courts?

Research the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) or municipal code listed in the RCW/ Code column of the search result or use an internet search engine to research the legal term. BCCU staff cannot give you legal advice or interpret the meaning of legal terms.

You can access RCWs on the Washington State Legislature website. To find more information about a municipal code, go to the municipality website and search for the ordinance or code listed on the background check results. RCWs and Codes can change over time, make sure you research the code that was in effect at the time the violation occurred.


Return to Homepage