How do I report Medicaid Provider Fraud in Washington State?

Medicaid funding and services are administered by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Health and Recovery Services Administration, except for the nursing home program, which is administered by the Aging and Disability Services Administration.

Medicaid covered services include hospital care, skilled nursing home care, residential adult family care services, and professional services provided by physicians and laboratories. Washington Medicaid also includes hospice, mental health, dental services, and eyeglasses.

Providers include doctors, nurses, dentists, clinics, ambulance and transportation, companies, hospitals, nursing homes, adult family homes, boarding homes, laboratories, pharmacies, home health care providers, and medical equipment suppliers. For more information: Medicaid Fraud Control Division.

There are two types of Medicaid fraud: Medicaid Provider fraud and Medicaid Client fraud.

  • The Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Division investigates Provider Fraud.

To report Medicaid Provider Fraud: Fighting and Reporting Medicaid Fraud

Washington State Welfare Fraud Hotline: 1-800-562-6906

OFA investigates Welfare Fraud in the state of Washington. The word Welfare is used to include: Public Assistance programs and benefits; food stamps; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); Quest card, which is used for Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT); and Childcare benefits.

For additional questions or if you are Law Enforcement, you can leave a message, and your call will be returned within 24 hours at 360-664-5505.