I am constructing a new ALF. How do I start the licensing process?

New construction requires approval from the Department of Health, Construction Review Services (DOH-CRS). Contact DOH-CRS for review of all new assisted living facility construction. The application is available at https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/FacilitiesNewReneworUpdate/ConstructionReviewServicesCRS. Write to: Department of Health, Construction Review Services, P.O. Box 47852, Olympia, WA 98504-7852. Phone: (360) 236-2944. Fax: (360) 236-2901. Email: fslcrs@doh.wa.gov. CRS approval must be obtained before an assisted living facility license can be issued. The assisted living facility application may be submitted prior to obtaining CRS approval.