I have received an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support (an "OWI") from DCS. What should I do?

  • Begin withholding immediately from any funds payable to the employee (also called the "obligor parent").
  • Complete the Answer to the OWI and return it to DCS within 20 days.
  • Continue withholding until DCS releases the notice in writing or you are ordered to stop by a court.
  • Send payment to the Washington State Support Registry (WSSR) within seven days of when you withheld from the employee's check.
  • If you fail to withhold under the OWI, you may have to pay the amounts that should have withheld.
  • US Mail Payment Address
    • Washington State Support Registry
      PO Box 45868
      Olympia, WA 98504-5868