Who is eligible to receive DCS services?

Families who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Children or Medicaid automatically receive DCS services. You qualify to receive DCS non-assistance services if you are not currently receiving services from another state and any one of the following statements applies to you:

  1. I am a parent who has custody of a minor child.
  2. I am a lawful custodian of a minor child.
  3. I am a former custodian who is owed child support that accrued under a support order.
  4. I am the father of the child and want to establish the paternity of my child.
  5. I am the non-custodial parent of a child and want to pay support.
  6. I am due court ordered post-secondary educational support for a child in school.

If both the custodial parent and the noncustodial parent live outside Washington, the non-custodial parent must have some tie to Washington State, such as, a Washington support order, a Washington-based employer, or assets located in Washington. If there is no tie to Washington, apply for services in the state where where one of the parents live.