What do I do if I have a deferral, diversion, or pending crime on my criminal history?

If your charge is awaiting trial, or in active deferral/deferred status, BCCU will treat the crime as “pending.”  A person who has a pending crime may be denied unsupervised access while awaiting a decision by a court, administrative entity, or governmental entity if the original charge would potentially be a disqualifying offense.  Upon conviction or acquittal by the court, the status of the offense should be updated by the reporting source.

If your charge is reported as pending, diversion, or in other deferral status, and this is INCORRECT, contact the reporting source to have the error corrected in their system.  After the error is corrected, notify BCCU to re-run your background check.

Return to BCCU Homepage