When Do I Report to DSHS?

If you are a mandated reporter and have reasonable cause to believe abandonment, abuse, financial exploitation or neglect has occurred to a vulnerable adult you must immediately report to the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).

If the vulnerable adult lives in a facility or receives supported living services: Call the DSHS Complaint Resolution Unit toll-free Hotline 1-800-562-6078 OR submit an Online Incident Report.

If the vulnerable adult lives in their own home or a facility: report by phone or submit an Online Incident Report.

Adult Protective Services

Page Topic: 
RCS Incident Reporting