Housing Resources

Where can I find help preventing or ending homelessness?

Coordinated Entry – A list of quick access points that provide referral and housing placement for people experiencing homelessness for each county in Washington state.

Apply for Housing and Essential Needs – HEN provides access to essential needs items and potential rental assistance for people with low incomes who are unable to work for at least 90 days due to a physical and/or mental incapacity.

Foundational Community Supports – A targeted Medicaid benefit designed to meet the needs of people who have significant barriers to finding stable housing and employment.        

Domestic Violence Safe Shelters and Housing – Webpage with essential information and resources for people experiencing domestic violence. 

Veterans – National Call Center for Homeless Veterans, available 24/7 to veterans and family members: 877-424-3838.


Where can I find housing that is affordable?

Aptfinder.org – An internet resource for people in search of affordable housing in Washington state.

HUD Resource Locator – Find affordable housing resources on a map of your community, including housing for seniors, through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website.

Housing Authorities – Washington state has 37 Housing Authorities (nonprofit housing providers) that administer the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8), own housing and operate other programs.

Habitat for Humanity WA – A collection of Washington nonprofits providing homeownership opportunities. Search for a Habitat in your area.

Housing Finance Commission – Resources for first-time homebuyers with low-interest loans, homebuyer education and down payment assistance.

USDA Rural Homebuyer Housing – Assists low-income applicants to obtain decent, safe and sanitary housing in eligible rural areas by providing a subsidy that reduces the mortgage payment for a short time.

USDA Rural Rental Housing – Rental properties with low or subsidized rent levels for people with low incomes.


Where can I find housing that meets a special need?

Youth Exiting Institutions – Youth and Young Adult Housing Response Team coordinates resources to youth and young adults in an effort to secure appropriate housing and other supports as they exit a publicly funded system of care such as foster care or juvenile rehabilitation.

Nursing Facilities – Useful information regarding nursing homes in Washington state.

Adult Family Homes – Search for licensed Adult Family Homes by geographic location and/or specialty features.

Foundational Community Supports – A targeted Medicaid benefit designed to meet the needs of individuals with significant barriers to finding stable housing and employment.

DSHS BHA Pathways to Housing – Behavioral Health Administration website providing a step-by-step guide to getting housing needs met.

Recovery Housing/Oxford Houses – Safe, healthy, family-like, substance-free living environments that support individuals in recovery from substance use disorder.