Division of Child Support

Latest News

Families Forward is providing free occupational training now!

 Do you pay child support and live in Benton or Franklin County and want to gain the skills needed to start a new, promising career? Division of Child Support invites you to check out Families Forward, a study that may be able to provide you with free job training, job development services and child support help. Check out about the Families Forward Study online or call our partner, Goodwill at (509) 460-4704, extension 323 and ask for Rosa today.

Attention employers

A new law took effect on Jan. 1, which requires most employers to send us child support payments electronically. This topic and others will be covered in upcoming webinars The Basics of Child Support for Employers. To find out more, go to the Employer page of our website.

Do you have a question about child support?

Please call us at 1-800-442-KIDSKIDS contact phone # imageKIDS contact phone # image2 (1-800-442-54371-800-442-5437 phone image 11-800-442-5437 phone image 2). The KIDS line is an automated system that allows you to reach your case manager quickly if you have your case number. If you do not have a case with us or don't know your case number press "0" to be connected to our staff. Full instructions for using the KIDS line can be found here.

For those who are struggling to pay child support

DCS would like to connect you to our Alternative Solutions program designed to help parents who are having trouble making payments. Program specialists work with parents who are ready to identify and work on barriers to child support. Find out more about how the program worked for one parent in this video. If you think the program can help you, call us at 1-800-604-11461-800-604-1146 phone image 11-800-604-1146 phone image 2.



What We Do

We help parents contribute to brighter futures for their children through collection and disbursement of child support.