Child Support Modification

Your life is changing all the time. Child support doesn’t change automatically with life changes, however if you have an open case with the Division of Child Support, you can ask DCS to review your order for changes (called a modification).

You may ask DCS to review your order for modification at any time. Some reasons you may want to ask DCS for a modification include:

  • You or the other parent have changed jobs
  • Your child’s daycare  or medical costs have changed
  • You’ve had another child since your child support order was created

Whether or not your order is modified depends on many factors, but we are here to guide you through the process.

Important information about modifications

  • You may have an Administrative Order if you were served with a Notice and Finding of Financial Responsibility by DCS or you had a hearing over the phone with DCS representatives. –OR-
  • You may have a Superior Court Order which may have been filed at the time of a divorce or paternity establishment. These are done in the courthouse and may have attorneys involved. These were filed by the court.
  • If you are not sure what kind of case you have or you want more information about modifications contact us and include your email or phone number at or contact your Support Officer at 1-800-442-5437.