Housing Stabilization Services Program

ORIA Program Manager:

The DSHS Office of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance is partnering with community-based organizations to offer one-time housing assistance for recently arrived refugees and humanitarian immigrants in financial need. This program can help with housing-related costs, including rent, security deposits, utility payments and other approved fees.


To receive Housing Stabilization Services, primary applicants must:

  • Be a resident of Washington state.
  • Be a renting individual or household experiencing housing instability and can demonstrate financial need.
  • Have resided in the United States for five years or less.
  • Provide documents that show a financial need.
  • Have an immigration status that makes them eligible for federally funded refugee services from the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement. For more information about ORR eligibility, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Program Enrollment Considerations

  • All housing assistance payments will be made directly to the landlord or third-party vendor.
  • Applicants must demonstrate financial need by disclosing all adult household members’ income and resources.
  • Applicants must have an income and rental amounts that are at or below program eligibility limits.

Service Providers

View a list of Housing Stabilization Services providers on our interactive resource tool.