Information for Adult Family Home Providers

Latest News

  • Community Integration Training is now available.  If you are a care provider and need to learn about changes related to the 2017-2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement (to include Community Integration), this training is for you.

  • Home and Community Services (HCS) has completed the rule-making process to repeal chapter 388-112 WAC and replace with chapter 388-112A WAC. (View CR 103) These changes will be permanent November 24, 2017. Please contact HCS at (360) 725-2550 if you have any questions related to these rules.

For questions or comments regarding the content on this page, contact the RCS Communications Manager.

What are the laws and regulations for operating an AFH?

How will the department communicate any changes?

Do my caregivers need the Home Care Aide certification?

Yes, they will have to be Home Care Aide certified unless they meet one of the following exemptions:

  • RNs, LPNs, and certified nursing assistants (NA- C/CNA) or persons in an approved CNA training program;
  • Medicare certified home health aides;
  • Person with special education training and an endorsement granted by the Superintendent of Public Instruction; or
  • Employed as a LTC worker sometime between 1/1/2011 and 1/6/2012 AND who completed the training requirements in effect at the time.  Must have proof of that employment meeting the requirements of DOH WAC 246-980-070.  Long-Term Care Employment Verification form (DOH 675-006)

What are the training requirements?

How Do I find Training for my staff?

Where do I find background check information?


Health care and health care decision making

How do I protect vulnerable adults?

How do I contact RCS and what can I expect during/after inspections?